Friday, March 4, 2011

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to write a story - or does it?

The more I try to force myself to write, the more likely I'll write nothing. I'm trying to write fiction, and here I find myself writing about how I can't think of anything to write. How unfair. I used to write all the time in high school. In college I wrote a lot for assignments. Now I write little to nothing at all. Where have all my ideas gone? They must be floating in outer space, and I need a rocket to reach them. Well, it looks like I need to start building. One piece at a time. I'll reach the stars yet.

4 comments:

  1. And so the young authoress began her journey. Where would it lead her? Would she be able to find the elusive muse that was her once constant companion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's harder than it seems. I can't even write a blog with any regularity. I guess it's like going to the gym. You just HAVE to set aside the time to do it, and do it whether you feel like it or not. But that's advice coming from another failed writer! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are not failures. Though we struggle and though we fall, we continue to pick ourselves back up and try again. We will write for ourselves, and one day, hopefully, we will finally write for our readers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know what it feels like, i used to write a lot of short (mainly romance) story when i was in high school. nowadays, i somehow feel as the story i write progresses i always ended up losing the idea i started with.. *sigh*
    ~btw, i'm chartreuse for the swap~

    ReplyDelete