Tuesday, September 6, 2011

One-Minute Writings 9/6/2011

The following are my one-minute writings from today from two websites: oneword.com and http://oneminutewriter.blogspot.com/. Whereas oneword posts a single word for you to write about, the one-minute writer gives you a prompt.

One Word - "insect"


Ouch! It bit me! That annoying mosquito. I don't like insects. I don't like wasps or bees or ants or flies or any kind of insect. I'm sure they're useful somehow, so I don't squash them all. Only the ones that bug me. 


One-Minute Writer - Write about a memory you have that involves fire.

The first memory of fire that comes to my mind is too vague to even describe well. I was in elementary school, maybe first grade? And we (my mom, some neighbors, me, and my three siblings) were sitting in front of our townhouse in Coaldale, Pennsylvania. Come to think of it, we could have lived in Turkey Run, Pennsylvania. We moved around a lot, so my mind is fuzzy on the details. I do remember that my brother, one or both of my sisters, and a neighbor friend started a fire at the curbside. No one came to harm, but my mom was very angry. That's all I can remember of the fire now.





3 comments:

  1. Burning like a distant memory.... ^_^ Speaking of PA, makes me want to visit Fallingwater in Bear Run. -Hollychihuahua on Swap-Bot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as I posted this comment, it looks like you changed your layout? I love the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! I wanted to go with the Fall theme since it's starting. :)

    ReplyDelete