Sunday, October 2, 2011

One-Minute Writings (9/25/11 to 10/1/2011)

9/25/2011

One Word - "pressed"

The train didn’t stop. The conductor didn’t see it. Already too late, the train just kept moving along, leaving behind a pressed, flat penny on the rails.


The One-Minute Writer - I am going to be the next great...

I'm going to be the next great friend to someone in my future.


9/26/011

One Word - "evidence"

The evidence before their eyes, they had no doubt the husband killed his wife. The cops had walked in on the husband still holding the knife as he knelt at his wife’s dead body. Still, they had to do a proper investigation or risk letting him go free on a technicality.

The One-Minute Writer - Write about a messy area in your home, workplace, or life.

My computer desk used to be tidy. I could move my arms around comfortably and not hit anything. However, for the last month or so, my desk has been collecting items upon items until I can barely see the light-colored wood of the desk and my arm space has become limited to the area in front of my keyboard. It's pretty bad when my husband can say his desk is cleaner than mine.


9/27/2011

One Word - "playground"

The two children ran to the playground. The youngest girl immediately ran to the swings and held her arms up for her mom to lift her. Then she squealed in delight as her mom pushed her gently on the swings. She wanted to go higher and higher until she felt she was flying in the bright blue sky.


9/28/2011

One Word - "dense"

She walked through the dense trees in the forest, following behind her father who looked for the gorilla that had killed his wife last Spring.

The One-Minute Writer - Write briefly about one thing in your life that is simple, and one that is complex.

In my life, living day to day is simple, but dealing with a first-time pregnancy is complex.


9/29/2011


One Word - "half"

I love being married to a man who views the glass as half full, especially since I tended to look at it as half empty. He knows everything will turn out okay, and so far he’s been right.


The One-Minute Writer - Write about a line you won't cross in your profession.

As a writer, I will not plagiarize, at least not intentionally. As an editor, I will not change the author's voice.


9/30/2011

One Word - "romantic"

He led me to our table with a candlelight setting and a bottle of wine. He pulled out my chair for me, and waited for me to be seated. He kissed my hand, then sat in his chair before pouring me some of my favorite wine. It looked to be a romantic evening with my husband, a delightful treat with our three children at home with the babysitter.

The One-Minute Writer - Write a brief bit of fiction using the prompt, "Month."

The month of September has ended,
But please don't be offended.
October is here.
Thanksgiving is near
And Christmas soon thereafter.


10/1/2011

One Word - "braid"

My mom used to brush my hair for me when I was a child. Sometimes she’d braid it. I loved the feel of the brush against my scalp and her hands in my hair. Now that I’m older, I brush her hair instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment