Monday, February 13, 2012

Blackout Poetry - The Truth is Coming

Since I had so much fun with my blackout poem "Unsung Songs," I decided to try another one. I used  the same page (250) of the same book Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice that I used for "Unsong Songs." I wanted to see if I could get a completely different poem using the same material. However, I didn't realize I'd have a more difficult time creating my poem "The Truth is Coming." Also, since I couldn't get punctuation where I needed it, the poem may not read well based off just the page of blackout, so I again will rewrite the poem after the picture to show how I saw it in my mind.


The Truth is Coming

By Candace Shultz

The Devil can blind or dazzle,
So never get far from the light of Heaven
And God will appear to you and fill you with virtue.

The truth is coming.

To the devoted,
As you rise to Heaven, fall silent,
For when you're dead you'll hear the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment