Monday, April 22, 2013

This Isn't a Poem

This Isn't a Poem
By Candace Shultz

I'm not writing a poem today.
You can't make me. No way!
I will run, and I will play,
But I won't write a poem, no matter what you say.

The playground is calling my name
Where all the kids are playing a game.
But school is making life so lame.
I'm stuck inside, and you're to blame.

I didn't do my homework,
So you went berserk,
And now there you lurk
At your desk waiting for my masterwork.

Now I'm really getting bored
As I look toward
The window at my horde
Of friends. I'm really feeling ignored.

Well, maybe I'll admit
That perhaps I shouldn't omit
My homework, but only if you'll permit
Me to go outside to do my skit.

Here's my poem. Yes, it's true.
I wrote this poem all for you.
I hope you'll forgive me for my few
Misdeeds. Now I bid you adieu. 





No comments:

Post a Comment