Wednesday, February 12, 2014

One Word Wednesday - February 12

Here are my oneword.com posts since last Wednesday.

February 6, 2014 - orphans

So many orphans, she thought as she stood outside the cafeteria door. I wish I could take them all home with me. Then she spotted a little brown-haired girl standing in the line reaching for an apple. Something about her seemed familiar: the shape of her face, the color of her eyes. Could this be her friend’s baby grown into a young girl?

February 7, 2014 - third

I’m on my third dream. Dancing didn't work out. I have two left feet, so my Mama says, and Bobby’s still limping from our last dance. Singing was a catastrophe. I think the neighbors moved because of me. So now I’m going to try acting. Yeah, that one sounds good, never mind that Mama says I should go into accounting. Who wants to crunch numbers all day long? I want to be famous!

February 12, 2014 - disappear

Sometimes I wish I could disappear into the vast world of words. No screaming. No crying. No worries. Just my head in a book.


No comments:

Post a Comment