Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March - A Month of Madness

I have been so busy lately that I haven't posted anything recently. Let me tell you what I've been working on.

I'm super excited to announce that I'm self publishing my first children's book. It's called Copycat Baby, and it's about a baby who acts like a cat. Right now it's in the proof stage, but I hope to have it published by the end of May. 

I also prepared some of my poems to be published in a poetry anthology. I'll tell you more about the anthology when it's closer to being published.

I mentioned the story about friendship a few months ago. My sister and I put it aside for a little while to concentrate on publishing some of our other stories, but I'm working on it again, so hopefully you'll be hearing more about that story soon.

I've begun a new poetry project inspired by a prompt from my poetry group No Direction Home: I have to choose a song and write different lyrics to it while keeping the same title. I've chosen On My Own from Les Miserables.

In addition to writing, I've also been editing again. I've been working on Cassandra Miller's stories and poetry. She's also self publishing some of her work. 

If that's not enough to keep a person busy, I'm also learning how to drive. I got my provisional license and am searching for a driving instructor. I hope to start lessons soon. In the meantime, I've been studying to prepare for the theory test.

March has been a busy and exciting month. April will be just as busy, especially since it's National Poetry Month. I will be sharing new poetry with you! Look for new posts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment