Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Discouraged

I've been feeling a bit discouraged this month because I haven't been able to keep up with writing a poem every day. So for Day 23 of NaPoWriMo, I'm sharing this poem I wrote that expresses those feelings.

Discouraged

I'm behind again,
Never catching up.
The road before me 
Keeps stretching,
My destination 
A speck in the distance.
My mind keeps wandering:
A rainbow catches my eye.
The colorful flowers distract me.
A baby cries, 
And I look for him.
A little girl giggles, 
And I must know why.

I look behind me to see 
The road has changed,
No longer straight. 
It curves and bends,
Changed by my choices, 
Diverted from distractions.
I look forward again. 
The end of the road
Seems so far away. 
How will I ever get there?

No comments:

Post a Comment