Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Too Drunk to Get a Shower

For Day 12 of NaPoWriMo I wrote an index poem. I let my husband choose the book I'd use to write a poem based on words from its index. He chose the book How to Brew: Everything you need to know to brew beer right the first time by John J. Palmer. I think I groaned out loud when he gave me that book, but I was determined to meet his challenge. I went through the index and picked out lines here and there, then formed a poem from those words. I did change some punctuation at the end of the lines to fit my poem better. I have to say that I enjoyed this prompt even if I don't enjoy beer.

~ ~ ~

Too Drunk to Get a Shower

mold,
odors,
yeasty,
skunky,
sweaty/goaty
body, increasing
flavor, changing
from bacteria,
lack of
water,
sterilizing,
sanitization and sanitizing,
wild
by-products of
Three Weisse Guys
drinking beer

No comments:

Post a Comment