Thursday, April 7, 2016

Will I Belong?

For Day 7 of NaPoWriMo, I wrote a tritina: a poem with three stanzas each with three lines and a final line. The rhyme scheme is ABC, CAB, BCA. There are three "end" words at the end of the lines of each stanza that also appear in the final line. For a better description, you can see the prompt at http://www.napowrimo.net/day-seven-3/.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Will I Belong?

We pack our things and move away
to unknown places and strange faces,
worried if we will ever belong.

Will it take ten long months to belong
like last time? Will other people turn away
like strangers passing by with blank faces?

I could put on many different faces
to different people hoping I'll belong
to their fold and not be sent away,

but then I'd be away because I don't belong to those faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment